Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our last "Hurrah"

School starts way too early here - summer should not end one second before Labor Day, maybe even Halloween. Except preschool - I could really get behind year round preschool.

So, the weekend before the weekend before school started, we joined Randy at a conference on Hilton Head Island for one last moment.

One last romp on the beach by the boys:


One last splash in the waves - for Stevie and Wally on their "skate"boards


(someone mentioned after watching him - "he's not really afraid of anything, is he?"

One last meager attempt to obey the law, even though we SO wanted to take some sanddollars home:


One last sunset over the ocean:


One last run of my fingers through his sun-kissed curly locks:

(okay, not really my last since I'm still not ready to chop them - is there therapy for that?)

One last sunglasses and hat disguise for me - now I'll actually have to do my hair and makeup :)


But hopefully not the last frolic with Dad:


or not the last friend-making without mom and dad's help or prodding - actually a first for us on vacation!


and, most definitely not the last hand-holding of sisters and brothers:


Good-bye summer, though it's not the last you'll see of us!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

looks like you had so much fun!

likeschocolate said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time. Your children are so beautiful. See you soon. We are on our way home Sunday.

stephshappenings@blogspot.com said...

So fun! I love your photography. The kids are precious.

Nikki said...

Great memories captured Mel! I love the photos from your last days of summer!

claire said...

The pics are fabulous Mel.