Saturday, November 8, 2008

Love Letters . . . from the edge


warning - schmaltzy blather ahead, written by a desperate housewife

Dear Somebody,

It's the end of a long week - my nerves are frazzled, my patience worn thin, my coping skills at rock bottom. We are all wondering, "when is Daddy coming home"?

I like to see myself as an independent woman, who can run her life with no interference from a man. And my relationship with you is more like Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" than Air Supply's "Two Less Lonely People in the World". But you are my partner. My Depeche Mode "Somebody".

I want somebody to share the rest of my life . . .

. . .listen to me, when I want to speak, about the world we live in, and life in general


From love letters


. . . though my views may be wrong, they may even be perverted, he'll hear me out, and won't easily be converted (well you could be a little more easily converted)

From love letters

to my way of thinking, in fact he'll often disagree, but at the end of it all he will understand me
From love letters

someone who'll help me see things in a different light
From 2007

all the things I detest I will almost like ohh, there were too many pictures for this one :)
From love letters

but when I'm asleep, I want somebody, who'll put their arms around me and kiss me tenderly
From love letters

though things like this, make me sick, in a case like this I'll get away with it

So, somebody, come home. And I hope you're still wearing your tie, cuz I'm going to grab hold of it and pull you close for a kiss you'll remember every time you get on an airplane without me.
From Nashville

Love, Punk Rock Girl

2 comments:

claire said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

That was really cute.

Jan said...

As much as I hate to admit it - I LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE that song!!