Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swing Voter

From election

So, it was every bit as fun as I thought it would be to vote for Obama. And McCain I have to say gave one of the most gracious concession speeches I've ever heard. I was proud of him, and grateful to have the old McCain I actually love and respect back.
From election


But as much fun as that vote was, I felt a victim of geography of sorts last night and would have loved to cast votes in a few other races, such as:

Senate Race in North Carolina - Hagan v Dole

Senate Race in Minnesota - how fun to vote for Al Franken

Prop 2 in California - standards for farm animals

Prop 8 in California - equality of marriage

House Race Minnesota - Bachmann (diarrhea of the mouth surrogate) v ?? don't even care who

Senate Race in Alaska - Stevens (the convicted felon) v ?? again don't even care who

House Race Florida - Mahoney (crazy scary philanderer of interns I would like to disown from my party) v ?? again I don't even care who

And most of all:

LUMPKIN COUNTY GEORGIA SCHOOL BOARD - Unc (aka Brandon Reynolds) - but he was a winner even without my vote!! Yippee!!!
From election

3 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth said...

After surveying the results, I'm wondering why I don't live in Oregon, California, New York, or maybe even Virginia!!!! I'm in total agreement about McCain's concession speech, if only the race itself had been that civilized!

I'm grateful it's done. It's a new day in America, a day when all children can truly believe that they can grow up to be president!!!

As my sister said, "it is a happy day!"

Yup! It's a happy day!

claire said...

Congrats Brandon!

You should use the swing voter picture for your profile(s)!!!!